1.14.2010

the only thing we have to fear is fear itself...and spiders.

This semester I'm taking an Orientation to Dance class. In this class we learn about the history of dance, numerous types of dance, important choreographers and dancers, and some days we actually get to dance! I was so stoked to start this class and so far I have absolutely loved it...dance is a sort of therapy for me. It is where you can release all inhibition and discover the amazing possiblities of the human body.

Today is our first day of actual dancing in class, and honestly, I'm really quite nervous. It doesn't matter how many years I've strived to perfect my technique or how many endless hours I've spent practicing in classes...I just can't seem to get rid of these butterflies. But, as Martha Graham said,

"You have to permit yourself to feel, you have to permit yourself to be vulnerable. You may not like what you see, that is not important."

Words to live by. It doesn't matter how spazzy I may look today...all that matters is that I try right?

Ok...(deep breath)...here I go. Wish me luck!

xo
lauren

No comments: