In the Harris household, we have a taste for cookies, cakes, candy...pretty much any sugary substance. When such things are present, they have a tendency to disappear quite rapidly. One moment they are arriving from the store or appearing out of the oven and the next they have vanished! It is actually quite frustrating when one has a reeses she's been saving for later and cannot wait until the moment she arrives home to quickly devour such a delicacy just to walk/run to her room to eat it to find it has mysteriously gone missing!
Because of this fascination with sugar the Harris clan has acquired, special measures must be taken to ensure that our sweets are not swiped from right under our noses...
Thank you mom for protecting my cookies...they were delicious!
Yesterday was Spencer's 16th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRETCH! So I would like to take a little time to once again celebrate a birthday and tell you 16 little tidbits and reasons why I love Spencey...
1) He loves to sing...whether in the shower, doing chores, or just walking around
2) He has a great sense of humor and constantly surprises me with his clever comments
3) He has such a passion for music...especially the piano
4) He makes awesome chocolate shakes
5) He loves basketball and is a really talented player
6) He dominates at pretty much every video game
7) He is a good student...although sometimes a procrastinator
8) He is the social butterfly of the family and has a plethora of friends
9) He is an awesome wakeboarder and is always willing to push himself to try new things behind the boat
10) He loves lake powell and the beach and would spend every waking moment in those places if he could
11) He can put away food like it's nobody's business...I like to call him the human garbage disposal or vacuum cleaner
12) His height comes to be of great benefit when I cannot reach the top shelf
13) He comes and kills spiders for me in the middle of the night
14) He can quote movies better than anyone else and loves to throw those quotations into everyday conversation providing much comic relief on a daily basis
15) He doesn't mind my silly singing or dancing around the house
16) He is lots of fun to be around and is always concerned for those around him
I love you so much Spencey! You are great and you will always be my little brother no matter how many more inches you grow! Happy Birthday! ...yesterday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Katie Fredrickson! I love her so much! Katie turned 19 today so I would like to take a moment to share 19 reasons why I love her...
1) She is a nerd just like me
2) She sings in the car at the top of her lungs with me
3) She is such a fun shopping partner
4) She loves her friends and is always supportive of them
5) She will eat like crazy with me...especially when it comes to junk food
6) She is such a beautiful girl inside and out
7) She and I can play video games for four straight hours
8) She can eat a Bob's Brainfreeze multiple times a day and never get sick of them
9) She and I can have fun at Dan's
10) She loves to take silly pictures with me
11) She knows every word to the Pokemon theme song
12) She dominates at Mario Kart
13) She has such a good work ethic and finds the time to juggle two jobs on top of school and homework
14) She is awesome at debate and has even won awards for being so awesome
15) She loves to connect with her inner child and watch cartoons and the disney channel
16) She always has awesome music
17) She is always there for me when I need her
18) She will dance around in a massive fish outfit on the corner with me
19) She is such a strong person no matter what difficulties she faces
I love you so much Katie!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! MUAH
Not too long ago Chris and I went to a Utah football game with our friends Abbie and Christian...the game was awesome! Here are some pictures...compliments of Abbie...
We killed the other team and so during the third quarter we decided to leave and get some grub! Of course we hit up Red Robin, (a) because that's pretty much where we always go and (b) their fries are absolutely delicious! We met up with another friend, David, and had an awesome time! After a super satisfying meal, we said goodbye to Abbie and headed to David's house for a movie...what did we choose? 17 Again... I love this movie...so cute, Zac Efron is amazing in it, and I can now see the resemblance between Matthew Perry and my uncle Doug*. After the movie had ended and we had played an absolutely awesome game on David's playstation, the boys started up another freakishly amazing and hilarious game...ninja destruction (or ninja assassin as Chris insists on calling it). This game is very similar to a hand clapping sort of game or like a big booty game where you have a group of people, but in this particular game you are only allowed one body movement at a time in the fashion of a ninja...sounds strange right? I thought so too, but no, this game is awesome! 1. it's SO funny to watch and 2. it's actually quite challenging! So...the next time we come into contact, I will teach you the ways of the ninja and we can battle...if you are willing to face destruction of course!
ps. Chris and I have had an ongoing argument on the issue of whether the elliptical is running...what do you guys think??
*Doug aka "Dug" has apparently been known to look like Matthew Perry and I can see that after watching 17 Again, but I still think he looks more like Donny Osmond!
Halloween was awesome last week! I would like to brag a little bit and tell you that I got to dress up 4 TIMES! Awesome right? You jealous? I thought so!
Anyway...The reason why is because last week was halloween week at the dance studio so for every class that I teach or TA for, I got to dress up and have a halloween party! I took some pictures of the classes I teach for you all to see...
Hip Hop 1
Hip Hop 2
These classes were so much fun and I absolutely LOVED seeing their cute costumes! We had awesome parties filled with spooky music, candy, games, and the oh so loveable THRILLER dancing! I left with quite the stash of goodies...all the benefits of trick-or-treating without walking in the cold and totally unpredictable Utah weather! BONUS!
Then came the actual Halloween night and as a tradition, the Sherwood cousins all go to Grandma and Papa's house to show off our costumes...yes I am a college student, but I still love this tradition! I couldn't miss it! The costume that pretty much trumped all costumes I have seen in my lifetime would have to be that of my little cousin Jack...
Jack aka Gene Simmons
Is that not just about the best thing you have ever seen in your life? He is the only 5 year old kid I know with the spunk to pull that off! Look, he's even got the tongue down! Ha!
Later in the evening, Chris and I got together with my old friend Jamie Harrison and her boyfriend Jake for a couples costume competition! We dressed up and went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner...but before dinner we had to ask people walking around Gateway whose costume was better and the winning couple received free dessert paid for by the losers! We were totally stoked and couldn't wait for the results...here is the picture...
Jamie and Jake aka WWE Wrestlers...Me and Chris aka Old Couple
Needless to say...we won. Victory has never tasted so sweet!