4.08.2010

feeling a little dizzy

I purchased these pairs of shoes a little while ago, but I have finally decided that they are too cute to keep a secret from all of you...plus they were each ten bucks which makes them even cuter!





Cute right?! Gotta love a good deal!

One other thing that I forgot to share with you...

Last Wednesday (the day of Michael Buble), I had to get my blood taken for proof of immunization crap. Most people who know me know that I HATE NEEDLES...I despise them. I am super afraid of them and still to this day I have to fight off tears when I have to go get a shot. Getting my blood taken is not something that I am even remotely ok with...even talking about needles right now is making my heart race.

While sitting in the stupid chair at the stupid clinic with a stupid needle in my arm I started to feel nauseous. I could feel that my body temperature was rising, my palms were sweating, and my heart was racing. I really thought I was going to be sick. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes while breathing deeply to fight off the intense nausea...and that was it. 

You know that feeling of utter confusion when you first wake up in the morning and all that is running through your head is "WHERE AM I?!" That feeling of panic when you can't remember anything? You have no idea what is going on? These were the exact thoughts going through my head at this moment in time.

 Then a familiar voice broke through my confusion saying, "Lauren? Oh good, the color is coming back into your face! Uh-huh, there you go."

Yes, people, it is true...I fainted. And it was awful.

The sheer embarrassment of this situation is enough to make even some of the most confident people want to crawl into a hole and never come out. I hope no one else has to experience such humiliation.

xo
lauren

ps. I will never donate blood.

No comments: