10.07.2009

laughter is the best medicine

I would like to dedicate this post to my friend Caitlin who introduced me to www.mylifeisaverage.com ...this website is full of stories written by your average person, and the stories are hilarious. Caitlin told me about this website on monday so I decided to check it out...well I can now say that I have never spent so much time doing absolutely nothing but laughing my head off. I would like to share with you some of my favortie stories so far...
"A couple of days ago, my new step father (whom I haven't had the chance to get to know) was sent out to get groceries. What does he come back with? A Venus Fly Trap. We spent the rest of the afternoon hunting down flies while singing the Jaws theme song and feeding them to the Venus Fly Trap. I fully approve of my mother's decision to marry him. MLIA"
"Last night, I had a dream me and my dog got in a fight, and beat the heck out of each other. Today, I got a fortune cookie, with the fortune: 'Your strange dream will soon come true.' I've been hiding from my dog for the last couple hours. MLIA"
"Today, I bought a Roomba vacuum cleaner that vacuums while you're gone, because I wanted to save time. I spent an hour following it around the house, completely entertained. I feel this has been a great purchase. MLIA."
"The other day I realized I could change my cursor to a blue dinosaur that walks. Today I realized that moving it backwards makes it moonwalk. I've been entertaining myself for the past half hour by making it moonwalk to Michael Jackson. MLIA"
I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did! Thank you Caitlin for introducing me to greatness!

xo
lauren

1 comment:

Joe & Julie said...

i agree that laughter is great medicine...at least now i know what you were doing up so late last night...luv the blog, but especially luv you...
dad